Brogan and I had such a good time last night! Thank you to everyone who joined us in the Get your Social Media Strategy Sorted in Less Than an Hour webinar.
During the webinar, we had some great takeaways, but the biggest one was:
Don’t Overthink It
Seriously. The number one issue Brogan and I run into with our clients is that they’re overthinking it. They think of this big, super-huge goal and then are drawing blanks on how to use social media to get there. As my friend Brogan said throughout the webinar, KEEP IT SIMPLE. What you have to to is break it down into its component pieces.
Want to know how to do that? Well I’m going to create a social media strategy RIGHT HERE and RIGHT NOW so KEEP READING!
How to Create a Social Media Marketing Campaign Strategy
Let’s say your goal is to get a product sponsorship by December 31. Here’s how you break that down:
- To get a sponsorship, you need the right connections + a sizable following
To accomplish this, you can create social goals like these:
- Mini Goal 1: Use social media to build 3 relationships with influencers by October 31.
- Follow 10 influencers by August 10
- Interact with each influencer 3-4x a week on the platform they use from August 10-October 31
- After October 31, contact the 3 you have the best relationship with and use those relationships to ask about sponsorship opportunities or advice on how to ask for sponsorships.
- Mini Goal 2: Increase your following by 25% by October 31
- Use Brogan’s simple 20 minute plan (watch the webinar) to daily work on engaging with your followers and to gain more
- Look into using marketing techniques like Instagram Loop Giveaways, creating a Twitter chat, or hosting webinars to grow your following
And that’s it! You have a simple, easy-to-accomplish strategy with metrics and deadlines that will help your business grow. You no longer need to view social media marketing as a huge mystery. You can now create your own campaigns!
If you loved the webinar, then you’re going to love this freebie from Brogan. My webinar partner created a freebie that will help you be a stellar copywriter with your social media posts. You can grab the freebie here.