The holiday season is here, people. And if you haven’t started on the gift guide posts or showcasing your products on Instagram, get on it, STAT!
Below is a quick list of ways to use your blog and social media to win over customers. If you’re looking for more ideas, join me on Friday with my pal Melissa as we talk about sales and social media during our Increase Your Revenue This Holiday Season By Preparing Ahead webinar.
On Your Blog
- Make gift guides for him, for her, for Christmas, for stocking stuffers, for web designers, for Hannukah, for uncles, etc. (ASAP! People are already looking for ideas.)
- Write a blog post giving your readers a behind-the-scenes look at how you make your products.
- Write a blog post centered about a great review you got on your product. (Ie the reviewer loves the color, so write a post about how you chose that color for your product.)
- Write a blog post about the packaging. How is it unique? What do people love? What resources did you use to create that cute custom packaging?
- Make a photo-documentary of the journey of one person’s order, from you getting the sale to shipping it out to the buyer.
On Social Media
- Create at least 10 images you can put on rotation on Instagram during the holiday season. If it is in your budget, buy stock photos or hire someone to take gorgeous flat lays of your product.
- Write 7 pieces of copy with images that you can have in rotation on your Twitter account.
- Make some gorgeous, easy-to-read Pinterest images and post up each individual gift guide on Pinterest.
- Create a Gift Guides 2016 board on Pinterest.
- Ask in your FB groups what other makers sell, and create a gift guide showcasing one product from everyone’s suggestions (plus one of your own), then post it in the group.
Don’t forget to save your seat for this Friday’s lunchtime webinar to learn more ways to stay ahead this holiday season!